FIRST teams rely heavily on the support of sponsors, all the way from local small businesses to schools/universities to large corporations. Any support you could provide to individual teams, or FIRST in general, would be greatly appreciated.
What are the benefits of sponsoring FIRST?
FIRST programs are aimed at building the technical workforce of the future by getting kids involved in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. Through mentoring by professionals from academia and industry, students gain technical aptitude and develop skills which make them desirable as an employee: collaboration, public speaking, teamwork and passion. Students who have gone through the FIRST programs are often recruited for internships and full-time positions by the sponsors of FIRST.
FIRST sponsorship opportunities:
- Provide financial support
- Supply parts, equipment and/or facilities
- Offer scholarships
- Involve employees as mentors and/or volunteers
- Provide internships
FIRST sponsorship benefits:
- Strengthens company reputation in the community
- Builds a technologically literate work force
- Creates a pipeline for interns and future employees
- Provides rich employee volunteer opportunities
- Provides renewed inspiration to company engineers and employees
- Provides employee team building and training opportunities and increases positive feelings for employers
Sponsors can choose to support individual teams (FLL, FTC or FRC) in a variety of ways. FIRSTAustralia is also looking for sponsorship to run events like the Sydney FRC Regional, as well as to promote FIRST in Australian schools and businesses.
For further information please contact us.