Ages: 12-18 Years
Rover Ruckus 2018 officially launches on 8 September at 12 Noon EST (USA). This will be on 9 September for Australian teams.
Coaches & Parents: Want to stay up to date on all things FTC? Add yourself to our email list by clicking HERE!
Practice Scrimmages will be held around Australia - dates tentative and will be published soon. You do not have to attend a scrimmage to participate in the National Championship, though it is encouraged.
- NSW: 28 October 2018
- QLD: 3 November 2018
Grace Lutheran College
- WA: TBA
- SA: TBA
For ALL FIRST Australia events, each participant including students and coaches must download, complete & submit on tournament day:
- NEW FORM Update coming soon for 2018
In addition to the FIRST Consent form, all NSW FIRST Eventsparticipants including students and coaches must download, complete & submit on tournament day:
FTC Team Grants 2018-19
Rookie Team grants are now available in limited quantities for new teams in Australia. Please see below for more information.
- FLL Graduation Grants: For existing FLL teams who wish to begin FTC, a generous sponsor is offering a $200 grant towards the first-time registration fee with FIRST Australia. Apply via the FTC Australia Registration System by clicking the "FLL Graduation Grant" box and providing your previous or current FLL team name. Please email Wynonah Bush if you require further clarification: email@example.com
- RITO (Robots in the Outback): Supported by Google in Australia. Contact Alec Cox for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 registration fees are $275 AUD* per team which is payable to FIRST Australia. Invoices will be issued by Macquarie University.
20.9.2018 Update: Teams must still register through the official FIRST registration in the US to obtain a team number which allows teams to order from PITSCO. Teams will use the FIRST Storefront to order from PITSCO, not the PDF form which we previously published to this site.
- Step One: Register via the official FIRST FTC portal for a team number & place any PITSCO orders through the FIRST Storefront. CLICK HERE
- Step Two: Register for the Australian National Championship & Scrimmages CLICK HERE
If you would like to join the FTC Coaches Forum, please request access here.
For more information, contact us.
*Queensland teams who have sponsorship will not be billed. Please contact Peter Kellett if you have questions concerning whether or not your team falls under that sponsorship.
Registration Details for 2018 -
see left sidebar.
FTC National Championship
Macquarie University ~ Sydney
1 - 2 December 2018
For up to date season information, please continue to check this page and the following link:
CLICK HERE for the FIRST Inspires FTC site.
FIRST® Tech Challenge is designed for high school students to compete head to head, using a sports model. Teams are responsible for designing, building, and programming their robots to compete in an alliance format against other teams. The robot kit is reusable from year-to-year and is programmed using a variety of languages. Teams, including coaches, mentors and volunteers, are required to develop strategy and build robots based on sound engineering principles. Awards are given for the competition as well as for community outreach, design, and other real-world accomplishments.
Students get to:
- Design, build, and program robots
- Apply real-world maths and science concepts
- Develop problem-solving, organizational, and team-building skills
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Compete for a spot in the World Championship
- Qualify for over $13.5 million in international university scholarships
The FIRST® Tech Challenge season opens in September with the release of that year's game, and teams then have until December to prepare before the Australian National FIRST® Tech Challenge tournament. The best teams from the national tournament are then chosen to represent Australia at the FIRST World Championships in Saint Louis, USA.