For Schools: Junior FLL Curriculum Mapping Document "Transforming Teaching" Click Here to Download PDF
Coaches & Parents: Want to stay up to date on all things Junior FLL? Add yourself to our email list by clicking HERE!
STEP ONE: Order Inspire Kit
- Cost: $20 per kit + Shipping
- Link to Order the 2018-19 Mission Moon Expo Kit *LIVE & ACCEPTING ORDERS
- Mission Moon challenge documents released online August 1 2018.
- ALL Materials for the Mission Moon Challenge: CLICK HERE
STEP TWO: Register for an Expo
- 2018-19 Expos: Currently Scheduled Open Expos *Updated 23.8.18
*There is no additional cost to attend an expo.
- REGISTER HERE!
Important: FIRST Australia recommends - for schools with more than 5 teams - holding a small expo for your students, parents, teachers & community and then choose up to 5 teams to attend an external expo from the registration list above. This is because space may be limited at each expo and we hope to have representative teams from all schools who wish to participate - but hosting 10 teams from one school might not be feasible at each expo. Please exercise "Gracious Professionalism" when registering for expos. Thanks so much!
HOW IT WORKS
- Schools may enter unlimited teams.
- Each team must purchase an Inspire Kit ($20 per team per kit plus shipping). There is a new season & new Inspire Kit released each year in August.
- Once the team has the seasonal Inspire Kit, they may participate in unlimited expos for that particular season. Each August, the team must purchase the new Inspire Kit.
- Schools are encouraged to host an expo for their teams if there are no official expos being held close by. Schools are also welcome to host a school expo & also participate in an official expo, if available. Please download this Expo Guide to hosting an FLL Junior Expo!
*Clicking link above takes you to the external FLL Junior International Site
For ALL FIRST Australia events, each participant including students and coaches must download, complete & submit on tournament day:
In addition to the FIRST Consent form, all NSW FIRST Events participants including students and coaches must download, complete & submit on tournament day:
In Australia, there are two LEGO® Education retailers for LEGO® WeDo Kits:
Focused on building an interest in science and engineering in children ages 6-9, FIRST® LEGO® League Junior is a hands-on program designed to capture young children's curiosity and direct it toward discovering how science and technology impact the world around them. This program features a real-world challenge, to be explored through research, critical thinking and imagination. Guided by adult coaches and the Core Values, team members work with LEGO® elements (LEGO WeDo Kit) and motorized parts to build ideas and concepts and present them for review.
Each yearly Challenge is based on a different theme and has two main parts, the LEGO® Model and the Show Me Poster.
Teams consist of two to six children and are guided by at least two adult coaches. During the season they will:
- Conduct research about the current Challenge theme.
- Build a LEGO® Model based on the Challenge instructions that contains both a simple machine and a motorized part.
- Display their findings on a Show Me poster.
For more details on starting a team, CLICK HERE.
The culmination of the hard work for many teams is the participation in an expo event (please refer to event schedule in the left side bar on this page). Volunteer Reviewers at the event interview the teams to learn about their LEGO® Model and Show Me poster. All the teams are celebrated and leave with an award. While participation in an event is not a requirement, we encourage teams to attend one. Teams can also show off their work on the FIRST LEGO League Junior Online Showcase.
2018 -19 Challenge: MISSION MOON!