- Cost: $20 per kit + Shipping
- CLICK HERE to order your 2017 AQUA ADVENTURES & 2016 CREATURE CRAZE Inspire Kits
***2017 Kits are currently available as pre-orders & should ship late January 2018.***
- Register for an EXPO. Please 2018 expo list below to register for your local expo.
*There is no cost to attend an expo.
- Sydney Olympic Park Expo
SOP Sports Centre
Hall of Champions
Monday, 12 March 2018
Team Registration: 9:30 am
Expo: 10 am - 12 noon
Awards: 12 Noon
Expo held in conjunction with the following event:
FRC Southern Cross Regional 2018
HOW IT WORKS
- Schools may enter unlimited teams.
- Each team must purchase an Inspire Kit ($20 per team per kit plus shipping). There is a new season & new Inspire Kit released each year in August.
- Once the team has the seasonal Inspire Kit, they may participate in unlimited expos for that particular season. Each August, the team must purchase the new Inspire Kit.
- Schools are encouraged to host an expo for their teams if there are no official expos being held close by. Schools are also welcome to host a school expo & also participate in an official expo, if available. Please download this Expo Guide to hosting an FLL Junior Expo!
- AQUA ADVENTURE Challenge Document
- INSPIRE MODEL Build Instructions
- International Curriculum Grid
- FLL Junior: How It Works
- Building Resources
For ALL FIRST Australia events, each participant including students and coaches must download, complete & submit on tournament day:
In addition to the FIRST Consent form, all NSW FIRST Events participants including students and coaches must download, complete & submit on tournament day:
In Australia, there are two LEGO® Education retailers for LEGO® WeDo Kits:
Focused on building an interest in science and engineering in children ages 6-9, FIRST® LEGO® League Junior is a hands-on program designed to capture young children's curiosity and direct it toward discovering how science and technology impact the world around them. This program features a real-world challenge, to be explored through research, critical thinking and imagination. Guided by adult coaches and the Core Values, team members work with LEGO® elements (LEGO WeDo Kit) and motorized parts to build ideas and concepts and present them for review.
Each yearly Challenge is based on a different theme and has two main parts, the LEGO® Model and the Show Me Poster.
Teams consist of two to six children and are guided by at least two adult coaches. During the season they will:
- Conduct research about the current Challenge theme.
- Build a LEGO® Model based on the Challenge instructions that contains both a simple machine and a motorized part.
- Display their findings on a Show Me poster.
For more details on starting a team, CLICK HERE.
The culmination of the hard work for many teams is the participation in an expo event (please refer to event schedule in the left side bar on this page). Volunteer Reviewers at the event interview the teams to learn about their LEGO® Model and Show Me poster. All the teams are celebrated and leave with an award. While participation in an event is not a requirement, we encourage teams to attend one. Teams can also show off their work on the FIRST LEGO League Junior Online Showcase.