March FRC Regionals
Quaycentre Sydney Olympic Park
Why volunteer with FIRST?:
Video - Part 1
Video - Part 2
Video - Part 3
FRC 2018 Training Materials
- 2018 Game & Season Resources
- 2018 Field Tour Video
- The EVENT Experience!
- Visit the FIRST RESOURCE LIBRARY
- Macquarie University MEDIA Consent ADULT: MacquarieConsentAdult (Required)
- Macquarie University MEDIA Consent CHILD: MacquarieConsentChild (Required)
- FIRST CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM - ENGLISH (Required)
- Volunteer Handbook : A handbook containing information and general policies and practices of FIRST®, as well as how to get involved in volunteering for all four programs.
Event Volunteer Role Descriptions
FIRST Policies and Procedures
Working With Children Checks (NSW)
FIRST Volunteers should complete a "Working With Children Check - which is available FREE of charge for volunteers in most states (see exceptions by links below). Please visit the appropriate state link below to apply for your Working With Children Check prior to volunteering at an event. You will be asked to provide your government issued clearance ID number when registering in the FIRST Australia Volunteer system. Thank you for your cooperation and helping to ensure the safety of children participating in FIRST!
- NSW: Office of the Children's Guardian
- QLD: Blue Card Services
- VIC: Working with Children Check
- SA: Department of Communities & Social Inclusion
- WA: Working with Children Check
- TAS: Department of Justice
- NT: NT Police - SAFE NT *$6 fee for volunteers.
Unconscious Bias Training
At FIRST Robotics Australia we are committed to making our events and programs exciting, engaging, inclusive and welcoming for everyone. At the Australian Regional, we will have a very diverse group of participants and we want to ensure they have a fantastic experience and feel welcome and included in everything that we do. To help us make this the best event it can be for everyone attending we want to shine a light on unconscious bias and help us be the best we can be in our volunteering.
Help us to make FIRST events awesome and inclusive for everyone!
2018 FIRST® Robotics Competition Season
*Please note: The minimum age for FRC event volunteers is 16.
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER:
Volunteering for a FIRST event is a great experience and you will have an inspiring and fun day! Check out the information, links & video(s) below for more information. Each FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) regional event is a three day event & day begins around 7:30 in the morning but finishing times vary. Schedules will be published closer to the event. Meals are provided (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner) plus morning/afternoon tea - for volunteers each day.
Look at the Role descriptions below to find what you would like to do, then choose event(s) from below and register. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com
- View FRC Roles Here: CLICK!
- Watch FRC Power Up Season Video Here: CLICK!
- What is FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC)?: CLICK!
- VOLUNTEER Registration: VIMS Click!
2018 Events & Volunteer Opportunities in Australia!
- FRC Southern Cross Regional
Quaycentre at Sydney Olympic Park
11, 12, 13 March 2018
- FRC South Pacific Regional
Quaycentre at Sydney Olympic Park
16, 17, 18 March 2018
If you are able to participate as a volunteer for either or both of the FRC Regionals at Sydney Olympic Park (and are over 16), please click on this link: Volunteer Registration and register as soon as possible.
You may volunteer for the whole event, both events or individual days.
Once you are registered into the volunteer system, you will be able to choose the event/s and the roles will be available, including role descriptions.
When you have signed up you will be matched with the role that best fits your preference, skills and time available.
There is training for some Key volunteer roles available online after you have been assigned a role. If you need assistance with the VIMS (Volunteer Information Management System), please reach out to Susanna Westling via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers interested in Australian Regional events should contact the following regional partners for more information:
- SA - Adelaide: Nell Szyndler email@example.com
- SA - Mount Gambier: TBA, Interim Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SA - Novar Gardens: Kevin Richardson Krichardson@immanuel.sa.edu.au
- QLD - Garden's Point, QUT Precincts (The Cube): Kerry Turnbull email@example.com
- QLD - Caboolture, QUT Caboolture: Chris Chalmers firstname.lastname@example.org
- QLD - Brisbane, Grace Lutheran College: Peter Kellett email@example.com
- QLD - Noosaville, Good Shepherd Lutheran College: Ricky Sinclair firstname.lastname@example.org
- QLD - Townsville, CQU: Colin Baskin email@example.com
- QLD - Gladstone, Gladstone Central State School: Sarah Jacob firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA - All Perth, Curtin University: Gabrielle Migliore email@example.com
- VIC - Melbourne, Swinburne University & KIOSC: Therese Keane firstname.lastname@example.org
- TAS - Launceston: Jon Heathcote email@example.com
- TAS - Hobart: Selina Kinne firstname.lastname@example.org
- NT - Darwin & Alice Springs: Sue Carter sueL.email@example.com
- ACT - Canberra: Jo Egan