2017 Volunteer Training Dates
- General Volunteer Training
FIRST Robotics Competition
FSE Building E6B Room 139
General Volunteer Training Agenda (PDF not live)
- 2017 Game & Season Manual
- 2017 Field Tour Videos
- 2017 One Page Game Description
- The EVENT Experience!
- Visit the FRC RESOURCE LIBRARY
- Macquarie University MEDIA Consent ADULT: MacquarieConsentAdult (Required)
- Macquarie University MEDIA Consent CHILD: MacquarieConsentChild (Required)
- FIRST CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM - ENGLISH (Required)
Working With Children Checks (NSW)
FIRST Volunteers in NSW are encouraged to complete their Working With Children Check which is available FREE of charge for volunteers. Please visit the click on the graphic below to apply for your Working With Children Check:
Unconscious Bias Training
At FIRST Robotics Australia we are committed to making our events and programs exciting, engaging, inclusive and welcoming for everyone. At the Australian Regional, we will have a very diverse group of participants and we want to ensure they have a fantastic experience and feel welcome and included in everything that we do. To help us make this the best event it can be for everyone attending we want to shine a light on unconscious bias and help us be the best we can be in our volunteering.
Help us to make FIRST events awesome and inclusive for everyone!
*Please note: The minimum age for event volunteers is 14.
2017 FIRST® Robotics Competition Season
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER:
Volunteering for a FIRST event is a great experience and you will have an inspiring and fun day! Check out the videos below for more information. Each event runs from around 7:00 in the morning - 7:00 pm (depends on daily schedule of events). Meals are provided. There will be training sessions for volunteers in late February.
All key technical volunteers will require registration in the FIRST VIMS system. Once registered and assigned, you will have access to the training for 2017 FRC Steamworks. The key roles require online training & certification before you are allowed to participate in the role. Please speak with the Volunteer Coordinator for more details or to discuss possible technical assignments.
Look at the Role descriptions below to find what you would like to do, then choose event(s) from below and register. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- View FRC NON TECH Referees & Other ROLE DESCRIPTIONS HERE
- View FRC TECH ROLES: Control Systems Advisors, Robot Inspectors
- View FRC Roles including TECH ROLES with Training Materials: CLICK!
- Watch FRC Steamworks Trailer Here: CLICK!
- Visit the Australia Regional Landing Page for more details: CLICK!
- Videos about the experience of a FIRST Robotics Competition: CLICK!
- Choose from the 2 events below & complete the Google form link (per event) to register.
Volunteers interested in events in QLD, VIC, SA, & WA should contact the following regional partners for more information:
- South Australia: Wendy Gomersall (email@example.com)
- Queensland - Brisbane, QUT Precincts (The Cube): Jacina Leong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Queensland - Brisbane, QUT Caboolture: Chris Chalmers (email@example.com)
- Queensland - Brisbane, Grace Lutheran College: Peter Kellett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Western Australia: Gabrielle Migliore (email@example.com)
- Victoria (Swinburne University): Therese Keane (firstname.lastname@example.org)