FIRST LEGO League
Asia Pacific Open Championship
Event Information for Teams
4, 5, 6, 7 July 2019
Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Event Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*One FIRST consent & one MQU consent per paid attendee are to be submitted as completed/signed paper copies during team registration.
*Paid parking only available. Please abide by all parking rules & restrictions per MQU policy. Failure to do so will result in infringements & fines.
Lanyards: All registered, paid participants will receive a lanyard for APOC – which must be worn each day. Each coach will be required to count the lanyards & sign for them during the registration process on Thursday. Lost lanyards will not be replaced. Lanyards are REQUIRED participation for Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday (all day).
Thursday’s Friendship Night with Opening Ceremony & Sunday’s Closing Awards Ceremony
Friendship Night Performance Registration
*One Per Registered Team
Entry to Friendship Night/Opening Ceremony is by LANYARD only. All paid participants & volunteers will have lanyards. Those who do not have lanyards may watch the livestream from the Mason Theatre, near the building where the team pits are located.
The same “lanyard only” entry applies to the Closing & Awards Ceremony on Sunday, 7 July.
Daily Schedules & Info
- Overall Event Schedule *Thursday – Sunday
- Questions about FLL in Australia & Judging Procedures? CLICK HERE to Access Help Desk
- All Paid participants will receive a lanyard at check in; lanyard is to be worn at all times, allowing access to venues & special evening events.
All Paid Participants will receive tickets for the 4 provided meals outlined during event registration. Tickets will be issued to coaches during registration on Thursday, 4 July 2019. Coaches will be required to count tickets and sign for them before leaving the registration room. Tickets are non-replaceable or refundable if lost.
Each participant will submit one ticket to the vendor, per meal. These tickets will be labeled with the day, time and meal for ease of use and identification. The exception is Friday lunch tickets, where each paid participant will receive 2 vouchers each: one $10 voucher & one $5 voucher to use at any MQU food outlet on campus.
- Friday Lunch: Tickets for the MQU Campus Hub (Variety of Outlets to choose from).
- Friday Dinner: Aussie BBQ/Sausage Sizzle!
- Saturday Lunch: Food Trucks (Satay Brothers; Trinhys Vietnamese; Solyluna – Mexican; MissMabels – Modern Cuisine)
- Saturday Dinner: Boxed Catering
Night of Australia!
6 – 9 pm
Friday, 5 July
*Must have a lanyard for entry into all of the following. Not open to the public. All paid participants will have a lanyard.
- 4 pm – 6 pm: Aussie Sausage Sizzle BBQ
- 6 pm – 7 pm: Aboriginal Cultural Show (Macquarie Theatre)
- 7 pm – 9 pm: Aboriginal Boomarang Painting (team students only – divided into groups/times)
- 7 pm – 9 pm: MQU Orbital Rocket Demonstrations & Talks (4 sessions)
- 7 pm – 9 pm: DJ & Flipbook Photobooth
Access Full Email Sent May 31, 2019 Click Here
- Judging: Judging sessions are 10 minutes in length – from the time the team walks in the room, until they exit.
- Robot Design: There is no challege kit/table in the Robot Design session. This is per new FIRST policies – kits/tables are now optional.
- Pit Size: 2 meters by 2 meters. There are no walls provided. Teams must remain inside the taped area (marked on the floor of the pits.)
- Parking is paid only at Macquarie University, which is quite standard across Sydney. There is limited free street parking along Tallavera Road – must arrive early to secure a space.
- Livestream: https://firstaustralia.org/livestream/