Asia Pacific Open Championship
FIRST LEGO League Challenge & FIRST Tech Challenge
Event Information for Teams
FIRST Tech Challenge
FIRST Tech Challenge APOC is tentatively scheduled to return as a physical event in 2023. Please check this space for updates. There will not be an event for 2022.
FIRST LEGO League
3, 4, 5 June 2022: FIRST LEGO League Challenge Cargo Connect!
The remote event will be facilitated from Sydney, Australia – local time. Please be aware and accepting of this before registering as will affect those participating from different time zones.
Event Contact: email@example.com
Registration for 2022 APOC FIRST LEGO League Challenge Cargo Connect is now underway. Participation is invite only; please contact your FIRST LEGO League official region partner for further details.
*One FIRST consent & one MQU consent per paid attendee are to be uploaded to each team’s private Google folder link, along with any materials the team wishes to share with judges.
FIRST LEGO League Challenge – Cargo Connect 2022
- Overall Remote Event Schedule: See bottom of page.
- Slack: All registered coaches will be added to the APOC Slack workspace. If you do not receive one within 7 days of paid registration, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org – as Slack will be the main line of communication & updates for APOC. It will also be used for team comms and activities during the event.
- Virbela: Team “pits” will be located virtually on the FIRST Australia Virbela campus in the Expo Hall, with other activities scheduled for team’s socially on the campus as well. Team’s will receive a limited number of campus log ins to use during the event.
- Google Drive: Teams will be required to upload robot game videos, files for judging, digital pit decor files for Virbela team “pits” and other requested documentation to their assigned team folders.
- Zoom: Judging sessions and some other activities will be hosted on Zoom.
- A “Box of Fun” will be shipped to each team prior to the competition and will include (for each paid participant): APOC Tee Shirts, commemorative APOC 2022 lapel pins, APOC participation medals, plus all of the supplies needed to participate remotely APOC group extra-curricular activities. Only paid participants (including coaches) will receive a tee shirt.
- Trophies will be shipped separately at the conclusion of the event.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE *Subject to Adjustment
|Time (AEST, Sydney)||Day 1: Friday, 3 June 2022|
|1 PM – 9 PM||Virbela FIRST Australia Private Campus – Team Pits w/Special Guests|
|2:00 PM||Opening Ceremony & Friendship Celebration! (YouTube Livestream)|
|4:00 PM – 5:30 PM||Trivia – Session One (Zoom)|
|5:30 PM – 7:00 PM||Trivia – Session Two (Zoom)|
|7:00 PM – 9:00 PM||Group #1 – Innovative Project Showcase – Virbela FIRST Australia Private Campus|
|Time (AEST, Sydney)||Day 2: Saturday, 4 June 2022|
|10 AM – 6 PM||Virbela FIRST Australia Private Campus – Team Pits w/Special Guests|
|10 AM – 1 PM||Robot Game Score Posting in 3 Rounds|
|10:00 AM||Judge Session #1 (Zoom)|
|10:45 AM||Judge Session #2 (Zoom)|
|11:30 AM – 12:15||Judge Session #3 (Zoom)|
|12:30 PM||Judge Session #4 (Zoom)|
|1:30 PM||Virtual Amazing Race* (Slack)|
|3:00 – 5:00 PM||Group #2 – Innovative Project Showcase – Virbela FIRST Australia Private Campus|
|5:00 PM – 6:00 PM||Dance Party (Zoom)|
|Time (AEST, Sydney)||Day 3: Sunday, 5 June 2022|
|10:00 AM||Koomurri Boomerang Workshop (Teams Only)|
|11:30 AM||APOC Showcase: Top Robot Rounds|
|1:00 PM – 2:00 PM||APOC 2021 Closing Awards Ceremony|