Welcome FIRST LEGO League Challenge & Explore event Hosts, Volunteer Coordinators, Judge Advisors & Head Referees. All resources required to run a qualifying event in Australia will be located on this private link via the FIRST Australia website. Please do not share this link with anyone other than the: Qualifying Event Tournament Manager(s), Judge Advisor, Head Referee & Volunteer Coordinator for your event. Thanks!
In Australia, the following volunteers & staff are the national advisors to the program in each area. Please feel free to reach out as the season progresses OR on the day should you have any issues:
- FIRST Regional Director for Australia: Luan Heimlich
- FIRST LEGO League Australia Program Mgmt: Wynonah Bush firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9850 9509
- Head Referee/Australia: Fred Westling email@example.com
- Lead Judge Advisor/Australia: Melinda Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judging Software Technical Contact: Carl Svensson email@example.com
- Scheduling Software & Dashboard Contact: Fred Westling firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT! Due to COVID-19 lock down/restrictions that will vary among states and territories, FIRST Australia has established a process for "remote events". Training will be conducted for all event partners and updates around the expected procedures and platforms resources. HQ will endeavour to assist you with setup and execution of remote events, should they become necessary again in November/December 2021.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - 2021 Cargo Connect
- Judge Advisor & Head Referee must register in the FIRST Australia Dashboard & assignment finalised by Friday, 17 September 2021.
- Shipping of Supplies: Early October (Tee Shirts, Trophies, Challenge Kits for Robot Game)
- Remote vs Physical Events: If you feel your event absolutely cannot be held physically, please reach out to Wynonah and work out the updates for remote to share with teams.
- Remote Hub Event Training: Wednesday, 6 October (Zoom)
- Explore Expo Training: Thursday, 16 September 2021 (Zoom)
- Judge Advisor Training: Tuesday, 5 October 2021 *Compulsory for all Judge Advisors
- Referee Training: Wednesday, 20 October 2021 *Compulsory for all Head Referees and Event Referees
- Slack Workspace (Organisers and Coaches): Access Here
FLL Challenge Qualifying Event Scheduler
- FLL IN A BOX:
*This is your qualifying event scheduler tool; it will generate all of your documents for the event including signage and award/participation certificates.
- Additional Templates CLICK HERE
*These additional templates are for Remote Events, where utilising the scheduler above isn't needed. It contains Closing Ceremony Award Slides, Opening Script, and certificates plus other useful resources. Not yet updated for Cargo Connect.
Referee Training Resources
|Jack's Judgements (Robot Game Season Updates)||https://www.projectb.net.au/resources/jacks-judgements/|
|Score Sheet for Reference||https://firstinspiresst01.blob.core.windows.net/first-game-changers/fll-challenge/RePLAY-Scoresheet-for-scoring-software-without-scores-1-page.pdf|
|Robot Game Rulebook||https://firstinspiresst01.blob.core.windows.net/first-game-changers/fll-challenge/FLL-Challenge-RGR-Final.pdf|
Judge Training Resources
|PAPER RUBRICS: To Print for Reference Only||https://firstinspiresst01.blob.core.windows.net/first-game-changers/fll-challenge/Rubrics.pdf|
|FLOW CHART: JUDGING SESSIONS||https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FKpiUkvhMFj96MygIqZLY_1XpmnxGJW6/view?usp=sharing|
|FLL Challenge Judge Training 2020-21||https://youtu.be/h49eeSBSyIE|
|Judging Q & A Video||https://youtu.be/zsiaNAxVwQ0|
|Sample Judge Questions||https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IL5jjPTMYI6egv9oVLYPGeumfCfv32pA/view?usp=sharing|
|Sample Judging Session Script||https://drive.google.com/file/d/18TwF_mmmMGfsMoVHJk7UXAgHp4jTxDuK/view?usp=sharing|
|Global Innovation Award Guidelines||https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/fll/challenge/global-innovation-guidelines|