With support from Google Australia, FIRST® Australia
is funding new robotics teams in the
FIRST LEGO® League, FIRST Tech Challenge
& FIRST Robotics Competition programs.
The following information is for LIBRARIES & SCHOOLS who wish to submit a grant application for a new FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL) team.
To be eligible, ALL FIRST LEGO League grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be in years 3-10
- Team Size maximum of 10 students; minimum of 2 students.
- Represent a low SES, rural, remote, indigenous school/community or other under represented group
- Commit to providing ongoing updates of the team/school throughout participation as defined by FIRST® Australia
- Commit to signing a consent form for FIRST® (FIRST CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM)
- Commit to signing a Media Release (Click for Macquarie Consent Adult or Macquarie Consent Child)
For LIBRARY Program Applicants Only: (Registration link at bottom of page in “blue”)
- Commit to either host a community expo or compete in at least one FIRST® sponsored competition
- Commit to send at least one library representative to centralized FIRST LEGO League group training session (travel expenses to be funded by library)
For SCHOOL Team Applicants Only: (Registration link at bottom of page in “red”)
- Commit to running a team for the upcoming August – December season & competing in at least one FIRST® sponsored competition in the upcoming season
- Commit to participating in a FIRST LEGO League Australia regional competition in the second year
- Before completing the application form, SCHOOL Team Applicants should prepare a video as follows:
- Create an original one minute video telling us why you want to bring the FIRST® program to your school/community.
- Please do not submit videos produced for another project or videos created by others.
- Do not include any copyrighted images, footage, or music. (For more information visit the Copyright Education site on YouTube.)
- Once you create the video, you must post it on YouTube for us to view or download, then paste the URL of the video into the field in the form below.
- Please double check that your URL is valid before posting it here (and be sure your video is public – we will not be able to view or judge a video that is set to private).
- We will not accept videos by email and we will not watch more than one minute. So, make it count!
If you are successful in receiving a grant, you will be supported by FIRST® Australia to start a new FIRST® LEGO® League team by:
- Provision of Equipment (LEGO® EV3 Mindstorms Kit & a FIRST® LEGO® League Competition Kit)
- Fees for the First Year of participation (minimum participation 2 years)
- Mentoring & Support from FIRST® Australia
Ready to apply? Complete the form below!