When educators nurture these natural-born scientists they build a bridge between the real world, STEM skills, language and literacy.
What is FIRST® LEGO® League Discover?
FIRST LEGO League Discover is a playful introductory STEM program for teams of children ages 4-6, that ignites their natural curiosity and builds their habits of learning.
By the end of the program, children emerge more confident, better equipped to face future challenges, and discover the joy of learning.
How does it work?
A new and exciting challenge is presented every year, and each team of four children begins their exploration of this real-world theme with an exclusive LEGO Education Discover set. With this set as a starting point, they build a solution to the challenge with LEGO® DUPLO® elements. Teams share their journey, ideas, models, and STEM skills at a celebration event. Throughout their experience, teams operate under the FIRST Core Values, celebrating discovery and teamwork, all the while having fun!
What supplies do I need to get started?
- LEGO® DUPLO® Steam Park Set
*Available from LEGO Education retailers in Australia.
- FIRST LEGO League DISCOVER Set *Details below.
2020 Play Makers Season Registration
- Each Discover Set is $75 + GST + Shipping
- Limit quantity 5 Discover sets per school, coach or organisation (2020 only)
- Ready to Register a Team? Create an account in the FIRST Australia Dashboard to order the 2020 FIRST LEGO League Discover Play Maker kit and pay by credit card. CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED
*Credit card option not available for WA or NT residents. An invoice will be issued in lieu of credit card payment.
- The 2020 – 21 season is launches worldwide 1 August 2020. Kits are on pre-order via the registration system and will be shipped to teams in mid-August from Sydney.
- Engineering Notebooks, Team Meeting Guides, & ThinkScape Resources are only available to registered teams and can be accessed by logging into your coaches account on the FIRST Dashboard.
Interested in a “Practice Kit”? CLICK HERE