2023 Community Bulletin
FIRST Tech Challenge 2023-24
- Registration date for all Australian teams TBA. Update 9.2.23
FIRST LEGO League 2023-24
- Pre-registration for the 2023 season will launch in April 2023.
- Not all Regional events are available for registration, only those that have been officially confirmed and submitted by partners are loaded in the dashboard. If there isn't an event in your area and you would like to host an event, please contact email@example.com
- There are no limits on teams or kits for general registration.
Frequently asked questions?
- Scroll to the bottom the page.
- Don't see your question? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What do you need to get started?
- School, Organisation or Business ABN (if applicable)
- Credit/Debit Card or Purchase Order to complete team registration (Purchase Order Details)
- Shipping Address & Contact Details
- Billing Address & Contact Details
- Coach Details & Contact Information
- Name of Each Team (if you do not have this, it can be updated at a later date)
- STOP! Review the FAQ’s at the bottom of this page
- STOP! Read the Terms & Conditions »Access PDF
- Access the FIRST Australia Dashboard *red button to right
- New Coaches: Create & activate your account.
- Returning Coaches: Log in to existing account
- Choose Season from drop down box, top right hand corner
- Create Team(s) or Copy from previous season
- Make sure the number of kits/sets required is correct *not applicable to FTC
- Add shipping details *not applicable to FTC
- Flat Rate Shipping up to QTY 9 kits *see FAQ's & not applicable to FTC
- Submit Payment or Upload Purchase Order
Ages 12 - 18
2023-24 events will be published here when confirmed: https://firstaustralia.org/events/
- All teams must register to compete in one qualifying event in order to qualify for the National Championship.
- The registration fee is $295 per team per year and covers participation in one qualifying event and the national championship, if the team qualifies.
- Seasonal game elements must be purchased separately from AndyMark USA. *See Step 3 below.
- Step One: CLICK HERE *First time teams only. If you already have a team number, skip to Step Two.
Register via the official FIRST FTC portal for a team number & to place any PITSCO orders through the FIRST Storefront.
- Step Two: CLICK HERE
Register for a qualifying event via the FIRST Australia Dashboard & pay for registration.
- Step Three: CLICK HERE *Optional; not required for participation, link will be published in June.
Australian bulk order for seasonal game elements from AndyMark.
AGES 14 - 18
In Australia, FIRST Robotics Competition is the only program that utilises the US/Canadian registration system (NOT the FIRST Australia dashboard). To get started, please visit FIRST Inspires for more information and to register:
- Help! I'm a new coach/mentor!
Relax! We've got you covered. Mentoring and Coaching with FIRST is a cross-program training module designed for new and prospective mentors and coaches that will allow you to develop a deeper understanding of the expectations of the role and where to find support.
- What is the season theme?
The theme will not be released until late April. FIRST Australia will be unable to assist with any queries related to the season theme until that time and updates will be posted to this page.
- What are the limits for FIRST LEGO League registration?
There are no limits on teams/kits for coaches that pre-register before the deadline (IF pre-registration is announced for the season, see community bulletin at the top of this page for details).
- Challenge: 2023 General Registration - There are no limits for team or kit registrations, available until supplies are exhausted.
- Explore and Discover: 2023 General Registration - There are no limits for team or kit registrations, available until supplies are exhausted.
- Where can my team(s) compete?
Review event dates here: https://firstaustralia.org/events/ These dates will be published as they are available from event partners.
- Account Creation/Access?
School administration should NOT create an account on behalf of a coach. Coaches must have their own account as the FIRST Australia dashboard is where access to Team Meeting Guide downloads, Engineering Notebook downloads, changes to teams names, season announcements, shipping updates, and communication with coaches takes place. The coach should be the primary account holder. Secondary coaches can be added to each team but all secondary coaches must also have their own dashboard account and log in, in order to access PDF downloads, etc.Existing coaches will log into the FIRST Australia dashboard via the account created in 2022. New coaches will be required to create a new account.
- Why can't I choose a qualifying event for my team(s)?
Partners are still organising event dates and venues. Dates for event registration are still TBA.
- Regional Qualifying Events - I don't see one near me?
If there isn't an event near you and your organisation or school is keen to run an FLL Challenge regional qualifying event or Explore Expo, please reach out to email@example.com. Alternatively, there will be "remote" (live via videoconferencing) events for teams that are rural/remote and not able to travel a great distance to attend an in-person event.
- What is the FIRST LEGO League 2023 timeline?
Pre-registration begins in April 2023 (registrations will continue through 1 October or when supplies are exhausted, whichever comes first). Kits are expected to arrive in Australia in mid-August and shipments to teams begin immediately. The season announcement launch is still TBA, to be announced by FIRST HQ. Teams will work on their season Innovative Project and robot game from 1 August through the end of October. Regional qualifying events will be between 26 October and 20 November. National Championships occur in the first two weeks of December.
- Engineering Notebooks, Team Meeting Guides & Thinkscape resources are not public resources. These documents will be available for download by registered teams only via the FIRST Australia Dashboard. After the season launches on 1 August, coaches may log into the FIRST Australia Dashboard to download these resources.
- Terms & Conditions (T's & C's): Available in the dashboard registration system. You must confirm that you read, understood & agree to the T’s & C’s in order to complete the registration process.
- Link to Dashboard Not Working?
Some school network firewalls block access to site. Please use an off-school network or personal device to register.
- Shipments & Season Launch?
When your kit ships for FIRST LEGO League Programs, you will see a TNT consignment posted to your Dashboard. You will also be sent an email to the address on the account. Sets/Kits will not ship until mid-August after the cargo sea shipment arrives in Australia and until you have paid.
- Changes to Registrations?
You may now make changes to registration via the FIRST Australia Dashboard (adding a team per the requirements, name changes, moving events). Please note changes will only be allowed up to 2 weeks prior to the event for which you are registered – this includes TEAM NAME changes. Organisers finalise details & begin printing up two weeks prior. Changes made after this deadline are not guaranteed to be active at the event.
- FRC Team?
The FIRST Australia Dashboard is for all FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge teams, as well as volunteer registration. FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) teams must register via the international FIRST Inspires portal. For details, visit the (FRC) FIRST Robotics Competition (ages 14-18) program link under the “Programs” menu at the top of this page.
- My school or organisation cannot pay electronically with a credit/debit card. What should I do?
You must upload a Purchase Order (P.O.) from your school's administrator to finalise your registration.
- How much is registration?
Please scroll up the page for program specific pricing.
- FLL Challenge: I've heard the EV3 was discontinued in 2023; what does this mean for my team?
As was the case with NXT's, teams were still allowed to use them as long as they preferred. Now, teams can use SPIKE Prime, EV3 or NXT. The published program support materials going forward from 2022 (i.e. Team Meeting Guide and Engineering Notebook) as well as any "freebie mission programming" will be aimed at SPIKE Prime.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org