FIRST LEGO League & FIRST Tech Challenge
Pre-registration for the FIRST LEGO League 2021 season is now LIVE in Australia via the FIRST Australia Dashboard. Pre-registration ends 10 April 2021. FIRST Tech Challenge registration is also now active.
Why should we pre-register for FIRST LEGO League?
- Guarantees an unlimited number of teams and Challenge, Explore or Discover sets
- Complimentary invitation for coaches to attend the Zoom 2021 FIRST LEGO League Conference (Sat. 19 June)
- Lock in 2020 pricing
- Registrations after 10 April will be limited to 1 kit, with maximum 2 teams until supplies are exhausted.
What do you need to get started?
- School, Organisation or Business ABN (if applicable)
- Credit or Debit Card to complete team registration (or Purchase Order)
- Shipping Address & Contact Details
- Billing Address & Contact Details
- Coach Details & Contact Information
- Name of Each Team (if you do not have this, it can be updated at a later date)
- Review the FAQ’s on this page.
- Read the Terms & Conditions »Access PDF
- Access the FIRST Australia Dashboard
- Create & activate your account.
- Create Team(s)
- Make sure the number of kits/sets required is correct
- Add shipping details
- Submit Payment
- Where can my team(s) compete?
Review event dates here: https://firstaustralia.org/events/
- Account Creation/Access?
All coaches will need to create a new account. Based on feedback from the 2020 dashboard launch, the system was overhauled with improvements including fixes to account activation and password resets.
- Why can't I choose a qualifying event for my team(s)?
Regional qualifying events and expos will be available for registration in mid-March. Partners are still organising event dates and venues.
- Regional Qualifying Events - I don't see one near me?
If there isn't an event near you and your organisation or school is keen to run an FLL Challenge regional qualifying event or Explore Expo, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, there will be "remote" (live via videoconferencing) events for teams that are rural/remote and not able to travel a great distance to attend an in-person event.
- What is the FIRST LEGO League 2021 timeline?
Pre-registration ends 10 April and regular season registration begins (registrations will continue through 1 October or when supplies are exhausted, whichever comes first). Kits arrive in Australia in late July and shipments to teams begin. The season announcement launch will be 1 August. Teams will work on their season Innovative Project and robot game from 1 August through the end of October. Regional qualifying events will be between 26 October and 20 November. National Championships occur in the first two weeks of December.
- What is the new theme or "game" for 2021 going to be?
As always, this is a surprise! Be on the look out later in Term 2 for a "teaser video" for the new season!
- Engineering Notebooks, Team Meeting Guides & Thinkscape resources are not public resources. These documents will be available for download by registered teams only via the FIRST Australia Dashboard. After the season launches on 1 August, coaches may log into the FIRST Australia Dashboard to download these resources.
- Terms & Conditions (T's & C's): Available in the dashboard registration system. You must confirm that you read, understood & agree to the T’s & C’s in order to complete the registration process.
- Link to Dashboard Not Working?
Some school network firewalls block access to site. Please use an off-school network or personal device to register.
When your kit ships for FIRST LEGO League Programs, you will see a TNT consignment posted to your Dashboard. You will also be sent an email to the address on the account. Sets/Kits will not ship until late-July.
- Changes to Registrations?
You may now make changes to registration via the FIRST Australia Dashboard (adding a team per the requirements, name changes, moving events). Please note changes will only be allowed up to 2 weeks prior to the event for which you are registered – this includes TEAM NAME changes. Organisers finalise details & begin printing up two weeks prior. Changes made after this deadline are not guaranteed to be active at the event.
- FRC Team?
The FIRST Australia Dashboard is for all FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge teams, as well as volunteer registration. FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) teams must register via the international FIRST Inspires portal. For details, visit the (FRC) FIRST Robotics Competition (ages 14-18) program link under the “Programs” menu at the top of this page.
- My school or organisation cannot pay electronically with a credit/debit card. What should I do?
You must upload a Purchase Order (P.O.) from your school's administrator to finalise your registration. For pre-registration, this document is due by 10 April via the dashboard.
- How much is pre-registration?
Please scroll down the page for program specific pricing.
- I've heard the EV3 is being discontinued this year; what does this mean for my team?
As was the case with NXT's, teams were still allowed to use them as long as they preferred. Now, teams can use SPIKE Prime, EV3 or NXT. The published program support materials going forward in 2022 (i.e. Team Meeting Guide and Engineering Notebook) as well as any "freebie mission programming" will be aimed at SPIKE Prime.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
- 2021 Challenge, Updates & Resources (Public Resources): *currently the link below holds the repository of RePLAY 2020 which will update by 1 August 2021 for the new season
- These are pre-registration prices for FIRST LEGO League CHALLENGE and may be increased after pre-registration concludes in mid-April:
- AUD$475 for one team with one game kit + shipping + GST
- AUD$575 for two teams sharing one game kit + shipping + GST
- AUD$950 for two teams and two kits + shipping + GST
A maximum of 2 teams may share the registration of a Challenge kit.
- Expos: Are not required for participation and may not be available in all areas.
- 2020 Playmakers Challenge, Updates & Resources (Public Access):
- These are pre-registration prices for FIRST LEGO League EXPLORE and may be increased after pre-registration concludes in mid-April:
- AUD$75 for one team (includes one Explore set) + shipping + GST
- Register a Team: To receive an set. This is a school, home or organisational only based activity in Australia. There are no events to attend.
- These are pre-registration prices for FIRST LEGO League DISCOVER and may be increased after pre-registration concludes in mid-April:
- AUD$75 for one team (includes one Discover set) + shipping + GST
3 Qualifying Events will be held nationally in SA, QLD & NSW. The National Championship 2021 will be held in Sydney this year at Pymble Ladies College.
- All teams must register to compete in one qualifying event in order to qualify for the National Championship.
- Step One: CLICK HERE
*First time teams only. If you already have a team number, skip to Step Two.
Register via the official FIRST FTC portal for a team number & to place any PITSCO orders through the FIRST Storefront.
- Step Two: CLICK HERE
Register for a qualifying event via the FIRST Australia Dashboard