The 2022 FRC Australia Regional will be held at:
March 11-13, 2022
Open to the Public
Doors Open 8 am Each Day
Live stream for regional events can be found here.
INFO FOR TEAMS
TEAM LOAD IN
- Be patient - it does take time for us to check teams in
- Use the loading dock, as shown in the attached map
- Queue in an orderly fashion so that we don't block the roads
- Bring a maximum of FIVE people to help with load in (a sixth as driver is ok)
- Everyone else should use the MAIN ENTRANCE once the pits are open
- Unload quickly and then remove your car from the loading dock area
- Loading Dock Map
FREE!!!!!!! Schools, general public & robot enthusiasts ALL welcome to watch the competition.
Tickets not required.
For those attending the competitions as a spectator (who will not be accessing the "pits" or "playing fields"), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is not required. Everyone else must comply with the PPE POLICY.
WIN Sports & Entertainment Centres Wollongong
There are many options close to the venue.
- UOW Student accommodation
- Destination Wollongong has also arranged discounts at many Wollongong accommodation venues.
- Visit https://www.visitwollongong.com.au/book/
- Use the promo code: First (not case-sensitive).
- Discounts are available for the nights of March 10-14, 2022 only.
- Nearby hotels:
- Sage Hotel (www.nexthotels.com/sage/
wollongong/) is right next door to WIN Stadium and is less than 10 min walk away from the WEC. On the beach.
- Novotel Northbeach (https://novotelnorthbeach.
com.au/) is just under 2 km away (20 min walk) along the Blue Mile coast walk. On the beach.
- Adina Apartment Hotel (https://www.adinahotels.com/
en/apartments/wollongong/) is around the corner from the WEC and less than 10 min walk. In the city.
- Sage Hotel (www.nexthotels.com/sage/
- We're also looking at "As cheap as possible" options (e.g. sleeping bags in scout halls or equivalent)
CONSENT & RELEASE FORMS
- Mentors invites parents/guardians, who create an account for themselves
- Parents/guardians sign up students under their care
- Students can then apply to join a team or the mentor can invite team members via their team dashboard
There will be a food venue open in the arena. There are also food venues directly opposite and many restaurants and cafes within a short walking distance. No outside food is permitted in the arena.
Properly fitted face masks, covering the nose and mouth, must be worn on the field, in the pits, in the volunteer room and in marked areas. Masks are strongly advised throughout the arena.
PAID parking is available but not guaranteed. Please visit the venue's site for more info: Getting to the Venue | WIN Sports & Entertainment Centres (wsec.com.au). Or check out the public transportation options to avoid parking fees.
PPE POLICY (Person Protective Equipment)
For those attending the competitions as a spectator (who will not be accessing the "pits" or "playing fields") - PPE is not required.
For ANY person entering the "PITS" or "playing field area", PPE MUST BE WORN. There are no exceptions to this rule. PPE for the Southern Cross & South Pacific regionals are identified as "safety goggles" & "closed-toe footwear". All persons must be wearing safety glasses (for those with prescription eye wear, side shields or "over the glasses safety goggles"must be worn at all times) in order to gain access to the pits or playing field areas. All persons must be wearing closed-toe foot wear in order to gain access to pits and playing fields. PPE will NOT BE PROVIDED to teams and guests at the venue. Please be certain that your team and guests have access to PPE at all times prior to entering the event. Otherwise, the venue/Macquarie University/FIRST staff and volunteers are authorized to refuse entry. *Please see statement on Risk Assessment to the left hand side of this page.
We have plenty of volunteer opportunities - see Volunteer Opportunities
Due to the uncertainty around international travel, we are not expecting any international teams at this year's Regional. All teams are waitlisted as they register - we have sufficient capacity to handle all of the teams that expressed interest.